Today’s 20 Questions victim – sorry, volunteer – is the fabulous Caroline Hirons. Not only does she fall into that exclusive category of beauty insider, she also somehow manages to run not one, but two blogs, and also look after her four children as well as everything else a busy beauty expert does whilst nurturing a healthy obsession for long haired rockers. You can check out Caroline’s beauty blog here, and her hilarious parenting blog here.
1) Why did you start your blog?
I was basically bullied into it by the other bloggers. There seemed to be a little gap in the blogging world for someone who worked in the industry and could (hopefully) offer something a little different.
2) How long have you been blogging for?
Only a few months.
3) What do you enjoy most about blogging?
When the ideas pop into my head in the middle of the night!
4) What frustrates you most about blogging?
When the ideas don’t come!
5) How much time a week do you spend on your blog / reading other people’s blogs?
Not as much as I should – I am trying to post more frequently as once I get going I do enjoy it – I read other blogs every day.
6) What advice do you have for aspiring beauty bloggers?
Find your niche and go for it.
7) What other hobbies/interests do you have?
Music – all of it – I go to a lot of gigs. Reading – a lot! TV – a lot! And food. Always always food.
8 ) How many bottles of nail varnish do you own?
Only about 20 – talk to me about lip glosses – that’s a different story.
9) Do you set yourself a shopping budget, or do you purchase on an as-and-when basis?
As and when. No budget. No BOUNDARIES!
10) What is your favourite make-up brand, and why?
Chantecaille for bases/lip glosses and Nars for colour.
11) Do you ever leave the house without wearing make-up?
Yes, but only for a pint of milk.
12) What is your favourite beauty product and why?
Oh GOD. Too too hard. I suppose if I’m pushed P50 by Biologique Recherche.
13) What is your favourite nail varnish of all time? (yep, only one!)
Pants. Ooh I know! OPI Nail Envy Maintenance – I know it’s not a colour but I use this more than anything. Gives me a perfect nail for work in seconds.
14) Tell us about the best holiday you’ve ever been on.
Working holidays in New York are my favourite all-time experiences abroad. All expenses paid staying in the Ritz Carlton on Central Park – fabulous. Shopping in the Bronx with Latino make-up artists – hysterical. Shopping in New Jersey for Levi’s and Converse for a pittance – amazing. And eating at the ‘Boat Club’ in East Hampton – the stuff that memories are made of!!
15) What would be your ideal day off?
Kids at a friends house or playing quietly in their bedroom – me on the sofa in a SPOTLESS living room watching TV with a full fridge and a stocked wine rack. Pretty much this weekend!
16) What is your favourite TV show?
Any American crime show – especially Law and Order SVU and most American comedies – and Sex and The City – always. I hardly watch ANY UK TV – no soaps- I’d rather stick pins in my eyes.
17) What music do you enjoy listening to?
Most – but the most played songs on my iPod are by the Chili Peppers, Goo Goo Dolls and Counting Crows. LOVES me a ROCKER.
18) What is your favourite food?
Most carbohydrates. Cheeseburgers.. salad.. a mixture of the worst cheapest junk food and the best freshest salads and veg. Basically I’m a fan of FOOD.
19) Where would you most like to visit in the world? (money no object)
Japan and Australia via Europe and home via Hawaii and the US.
20) Tell us a secret…
I’m part Cherokee Indian and was born in Liverpool. Basically a loud Scouser.
Thank you, Caroline! If you have a beauty blog and would like to undergo the 20 Questions treatment, please send us an email to the usual address.