Just over a year ago, Asiana, the UK’s largest south Asian lifestyle and bridal magazine unveiled a beauty box – the first of its kind handpicked by south Asians FOR south Asians. The box did so well that the Asiana Beauty Box team have put together a second box which is out now. Unlike most other beauty boxes, the Asiana offering is not a subscription service, instead it’s a one-off so there is no ongoing pressure to pay every month for a half-heartedly put together collection.
Once again it’s a mix of mid to high-end skincare and make-up products including full sizes and generous sample sizes along with exclusive offers although they are all mainstream/big names that everyone recognises – it would have been a nice balance to throw in a niche name or two.
The asking price is £35 (but worth £93 if all the chosen items were full sizes). Some of the full size products cost £19 alone although I noticed last year’s box was only £25…
Any way, let’s see what you get for £35:
- A full size Clinique Chubby Stick™ Intense in Broadest Berry, 3g
- A sample of Clinique’s Even Better Clinical™ Dark Spot Corrector & Optimizer, 5ml
- A sample of Estée Lauder Pure Color Envy Lash Multi Effects Mascara, 2.8ml
- A sample of Origins GinZing™ Refreshing Eye Cream to Brighten and Depuff, 5ml
- A sample of MAC Prep + Prime Natural Radiance, Yellow, 6ml
- A full size Bobbi Brown Ink Liner, Blackest Black, 0.05ml
- A sample of Darphin Hydraskin Light Gel Cream, 15ml
- A full size Smashbox Photo Op Eyeshadow in Cinnamon, 1.7g
Despite the cheeky £10 hike, it’s still reasonably priced for a one-off beauty box with every item beneficial and appealing to its target audience. In other words, there isn’t one thing here that no one could not and would not use. There are also discount codes included in the box for purchases towards these products.
Asiana’s second Beauty Box is limited edition and is available from Asiana and includes delivery (while stocks last).