If there’s one name that has sent ripples across the pond thanks to the current of social media, it’s Tarte. The eco-friendly and cruelty-free American beauty range inspired by founder Maureen Kelly’s visit to the Rainforest, has picked up sterling reviews particularly for their long-wearing and pigmented Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blushers, infused with Amazonian clay harvested from the banks of the Amazon River and naturally baked by the sun.
Last year, QVC announced they would be exclusively selling Tarte in the UK and that day is finally upon us – 28th March (mark that in your diaries).
The range of products Tarte is introducing to the UK are:
- Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Full Coverage Foundation (£27.36)
- Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Airbrush Foundation with Brush (£27.34)
- Tarte BB Perfecting Liquid Foundation (£29.50)
- a trio of Amazonian Clay Butter Lipsticks (£20)
- Sultry Sunset Amazonian Clay 8-Shadow Collector’s Palette (£24)
- Amazonian Clay Waterproof Brow Mousse (£16.20)
- Amazonian Clay Waterproof Liner with Double-Ended Brush (£18.50)
- 4-in-1 Mascara – lengthens, curls, volumises and conditions (£14.40)
- Maracuja Oil for the face (£29.16)
- Maracuja C-brighter Eye Treatment (£25)
- Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blushers (£26.50)
Price wise, the majority of the products are very reasonably marked. It’s just the famous blusher which costs slightly more above my expectations (and not far behind the cost of the foundations, usually the most expensive item in a make-up range.) I guess when I’ve heard nothing but amazing things about it, it’s going to be worth every penny.
In a highly saturated market, it must feel impossible to stand head and shoulders above the rest but I sense Tarte Cosmetics will have not trouble staying above water. Tarte, the UK welcomes you with open arms – you might get a squeeze too.
Tune into the home shopping channel on the 28th at 2pm and 6pm or browse online at www.qvcuk.com and grab yourself the much sought-after blushers before they sell out because they *will* sell out.